1.- Register with Aussie Au pair
It is important for you to provide us with as much information as possible to give us the best chance of finding the perfect child care professional for you.
Our aim is to ensure that candidates provided by Aussie Au pair have been vetted to the highest possible standards.
In order to achieve this, as an agency we guarantee that each candidate will have undergone a thorough personal interview, by an experienced interviewer.
2.- Candidate Selection according to Experience & Qualifications
Nannies Recruitment Process:
- Pre-screening of applicant to verify legal status. Copies of ID and digital photograph taken.
- In-depth interview.- Ascertaining a candidates level of childcare development and experience
- Finding out what motivates a candidate
- English proficiency tested.
- Checking and verifying all original documentation
- References verified
- Listening to how candidates speak and talk about their employers
- Discovering what makes them in their view, better than other candidates
- Ascertaining the candidates first aid knowledge
- Applicant accepted / disqualified for possible interview with family.
Reference checking is the backbone of our process, it is extremely important to us that we personally speak to a minimum of 2 referees. We are at this stage not merely checking that the candidate worked for the family, but are delving into their behaviour, absenteeism, reliability, flexibility, honesty and trustworthiness, and above all suitability to work in a family home with children.
- Police Checks and Reference ChecksAll checks will be completed before referral to clients for interview.
Aussie Au pair will arrange an interview between the family and au pair/ nanny at a convenient time to both parties.
We will provide you with a Family Interview Guide that will assist you in ensuring you find out as much information on the candidate as possible.
3.-Choosing the right Nanny/Au pair
Once you have chosen a nanny candidate and offered them the position we will provide you with a Contract and a Duties and Responsibilities form. This form should be signed with a copy retained for record purposes by both parties. You will also be required to pay our placement fee to secure your nanny/au pair.
In the unlikely circumstance that your nanny does not work out, Aussie Au pair offers a 6 week guarantee period. If your nanny ceases working for you in this time we will go ahead and find another suitable nanny that meets your approval.
Our Family Hiring Process
- Thorough Family Needs Assessment
- Family to read, sign and return Aussie Au pairs Agreement.
- Aussie Au pairs short lists applicants for family interview according to Family Needs Assessment.
- Aussie Au pairs will liaise with client and applicant to determine a mutually suitable time and date for the interview to take place.
- Family interviews short listed applicants.
- The Client notifies Aussie Au pairs of their chosen applicant. Aussie Au pairs then makes an Offer to the successful applicant.
- Making and Signing an Agreement with the Client
- When acceptance is made by the applicant, an Agreement will be drawn up and signed by both parties.
Having ascertained your requirements, the real test comes in transposing this into reality and providing you with a shortlist of suitable candidates for you to interview. Once we have achieved this, you have the opportunity to meet the candidates.
The attached guide has been designed to assist you to structure the nanny/ au pair interview and enable you to compare and contrast the candidates. View Family Interview Guide.